09/2005 - BOOK.FR invents the InterestRank / IR
InterestRank / IR
InterestRank is a portfolio rating system devised and developed by BOOK.FR. InterestRank analyses the behaviour of visitors to each portfolio in order to evaluate what their level of interest is.
A visitor interested in the portfolio increases the InterestRank
A disinterested visitor decreases the InterestRank
The InterestRank does not depend on the number of visitors
The InterestRank is recalculated every day at 01:00 [GMT + 01:00] over the period of the previous 15 days.
The InterestRank is expressed from 0 to 100,000
Our advice to increase your InterestRank.
A visitor is interested if the content of the portfolio responds to his/her request.
- Prepare the content and presentation of your portfolio carefully.
- In the BOOK.FR directory, select only the sections that are related to your skills or your ambitions. Give the highest possible estimate of your level of experience. Select the status (amateur/semi-professional/professional) that applies to you.
- To be listed in other site directories, choose the most appropriate directory section. Give as full a description as possible (e.g.: Professional model available for parades in Paris).
How to follow the development of your visitors' interest
We have established two indicators for you to consult from your statistics pages: The number of pages viewed per visitor
and the bounce rate
. The bounce rate represents the percentage of visitors that leave the website after having seen only one page. (A low rate is a good sign)
Where is the portfolio InterestRank displayed ?
When you place the mouse on the InterestRank bar, a bubble indicates the rating (from 0 to 100,000)
Où est affiché l'InterestRank de mon book ?
- Connect to the portfolio manager page.
- Click on the Statistics
opposite your portfolio.
- InterestRank is displayed at the bottom of the page.
Why is my InterestRank at Zero ?
Your portfolio may be too recent, you must wait for 10 days from the date of creation to receive your first assessment. If your InterestRank is below 10,000, the bar is shown in grey. Otherwise, follow our advice.
How does the InterestRank bar work ?
||0 ≤ IR < 10,000
||10,000 ≤ IR < 20,000
||20,000 ≤ IR < 30,000
|And so on, until the tenth rating:
||IR = 100,000